The Police Families Welfare Society (PFWS) was established in 1972, with an objective to work for the welfare of the families and dependents of members of Delhi Police. PFWS is committed towards the cause of creating better opportunities focusing on the holistic development of the families of police personnel. Under the new leadership a special focus is given on skill development, education, health, sports activities and entertainment for the families.WAJIFA
WAJIFA is an Initiative which will be launched by PFWS to support the families of Delhi Police Personnel by providing financial aid in the form of scholarship and bursaries to the deserving children of the Police Personnel of Delhi Police.PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP
After interacting with the community members in past few months, PFWS learnt that there is a need of financial support for the family members of Police Personnel, especially amongst the dependents of junior staff. Senior officers' wives, the honorary members of PFWS, have given their commitment for the welfare of Police Personnel's families, under the able leadership of President PFWS. Together they have taken the initiative of generating financial assistance for them.
The Scholarship fund shall be utilized for the following purposes:
- Continuation of school, undergraduate and post graduate education.
- To support professional &specialized courses.
- To facilitate & enhance skill development.
- To provide study materials and technical assistance.
- To provide support for special education, physical and mental wellness.
- To promote sports as well as creative arts.
The scholarship beneficiaries include direct dependents* (children / Youth) of Non - Gazetted Police Personnel (upto the rank of HC):
- The school and college going children.
- Students with excellent academic performance.
- Students exhibiting excellence in sports & arts.
- Wards of deceased Police Personnel.
- Study, sports or skill training of specially abled children.
- Any other special case(s) identified by the Committee.
Note : * Dependent till not financially independent.WAJIFA COMMITTEE WOULD IDENTIFY THE CASE & SUBMIT A REPORT FOR DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP